Monday 5 December 2016

November 2016 Books!



Sorry there was no blogpost last week, I literally couldn't think of anything to write about and uni and work are both so busy at the moment!

Anyway, this month I haven't really read much other than lots of lit theory and the rest of my reading for uni.

Northern Lights - Phillip Pullman
28th Oct - 3rd Nov

I read this one for my childhood module at uni and i have to say that I didn't really enjoy it that much. I found it a bit too fantasy for my liking and the topic wasn't something that particularly interested. I was definitely happy when I finished read it as I found it kind of boring!



Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption - Stephen King
4th Nov - 6th Nov

This is short story by Stephen that I read for my adaptations module. I actually really enjoyed this one and I definitely wasn't expecting that I have to say. I actually liked it so much that I am using it as the text for my final assignment.

Kindred Spirits - Rainbow Rowell
8th Nov - 8th Nov

I was going through the Kindle store on the way home from uni, because I had just finished reading Shawshank and I didn't have another book with me, and I stumbled across this. I have read some of Rowell's books and I have loved them, especially fangirl! I really liked this one and it was only 95p, which I thought was quite good.

Free Four - Veronica Roth
9th Nov - 9th Nov

This was another one that I stumbled across at the same time as Kindred Spirits and I have to say I enjoyed this one too. I loved the divergent books and I jump at the opportunity of anything extra that I can read on it.



The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon
12th Nov - 22nd Nov

I didn't quite know what to expect from this one as I knew literally nothing about the plot before I read it. I wouldn't probably be something that I would normally read, but I was definitely thoroughly surprised. It was an interesting book and a very quick read.



Lit theory 


  • The Postmodern Condition - Jean-Francis Lyotard
  • Simulacra and Simulations - Jean Baudrillard
  • Epistemology of the Closet - Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick
  • New Ethnicities - Stuart Hall
  • Postmodern Blackness - Bell Hooks
  • Bodies that Matter - Judith Butler
  • Black Skin, White Masks - Frantz Fanon
  • Orientalism - Edward Said
  • The Location of Culture - Homi Bhabha
  • The Postcolonial Unconscious - Neil Lazarus
Again this month I have read A LOT of theory! Seriously, I am so glad that I now have read everything off the reading list now. I find a lot of it quite baffling to be honest, but I did like the week that we did on the postcolonial as I found it the both straight forward to understand this month!

My semester at uni is coming to an end, I only have one more week left. Therefore, next months books blogpost should be a lot more interesting. Also there will be a blogpost rounding up the 1st semester of 2nd year in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks For Stopping By! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment